Collection and Use of Personal Data
When you register for classes, purchase products, fill out surveys, or request information from the site, we use registration screens and online forms to collect personal information (such as your name, address, e-mail address, social security number, and credit card information). We may also collect this through printed enrollment forms, telephone conversations, or faxes or, if your employer offers one of our courses, from your employer. In addition, we may collect personal data that you voluntarily provide us if you send us an e-mail or communicate with us offline.
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
• For the purpose for which you provided it (for example, to provide one of our online classes, deliver the results of class exams and assignments, or respond to a specific inquiry),
• To report course and identification information to regulatory agencies or entities contracted with or cooperating with these agencies to ensure producer compliance with educational or certification requirements, or
• To provide information via email about new products or services that might interest you.
Most pages on the website can be accessed without disclosing personal information.
Sharing with Third Parties
If your employer provides our course to you, we may provide your class attendance record and exam results to your employer upon your employer's request. Otherwise, we share your personal data only with service providers who help us run the site or fill your requests. These providers may use your personal data only for the service being provided; any other use is prohibited.
Other than these limited exceptions, we will not share your personal data without your permission.
Transfer to the United States
If you are located outside of the US, please note that your personal data will be transferred to the US. Whenever you submit any personal data to us, you consent to this transfer.
Your Ability to Choose
If you do not wish to receive any further information from us, you can click the unsubscribe link in the emails we send you or send an email to us from the Contact Us link on the site's home page. If you contact us by email, please put opt-out as the subject.
Please note that opting out does not apply to email that we send you to
• confirm your registration in one of our courses or
• provide you with information about your attendance or exam results.
We are concerned with the security of your personal data. To keep that data secure, we restrict access through protective policies and procedures as well as through technical measures. We also use strict PCI compliant security protocols to transmit sensitive data (such as credit card information).
Links to Other Web Sites
Questions and Comments
You may review and update your personal data by accessing your User Profile or by e-mailing us from the Contact Us link on the site's home page. You can also use the Contact Us link to ask any questions you have about how personal data is collected and utilized.